| Home | Site Menu |
This gallery aims to bring you interesting and entertaining pictures taken at various branch activities and festivals. We hope it will encourage more members to enjoy the social events listed on the Branch Diary page. If anyone has taken pictures that could be included in this gallery please use the site's Feedback form or Email
- 6th June 2009
- Twickenham Beer Festival staff trip to the fff Brewery at Four Marks, Alton, Hampshire. After a finger buffet at the brewery we were free to visit any of the 17 pubs in Alton. On the way home we visited the Compassess at Gomshall, Surrey and the Hawkley Inn beer festival, Pococks Lane, Hawkley, Liss, Hampshire. View pictures (33).
- 21st to 22nd March 2009
- Brown Cow Brewery weekend. Presentation of a certificate to Sue Simpson and her husband Keith of the Brown Cow Brewery in Barlow near Selby for their Captain Oates Dark Oat Mild which was voted Beer of the Festival by the customers at the Tenth Twickenham Beer & Cider Festival last October. View pictures (2).
- 23rd to 25th October 2008
- The 10th Twickenham Beer & Cider Festival held in the Clarendon Hall/Hyde Room, York House, Twickenham. View Pictures (43).
- 17th May 2008
Twickenham Beer & Cider Festival Staff trip to two breweries. First was the Ramsbury Brewery, Priory Farm, Axford, Wilts (www.ramsburybrewery.co.uk). This brewery which started in 2004 is set within the Ramsbury Estate, basically a very large farm - (5500 acres) straddling the Kennet Valley - with a concentration on wheat and barley, including malting varieties. Lunch was at the Wellington Arms, Marlborough, Wiltshire.
In the afternoon we visited the Loddon Brewery in Dunsden, Oxon (www.loddonbrewery.co.uk). This brewery was established in 2002 in a 200 year old brick and flint barn. On our homewards journey we stopped off at the Bird in Hand at Knowl Hill, Twyford, Berks. View Pictures (44).
- 18th - 20th October 2007
- The 9th Twickenham Beer & Cider Festival held in the Clarendon Hall/Hyde Room, York House, Twickenham also coincided with the Rugby Union World Cup final between England & South Africa. In a last minute arrangement we were able to screened this event in the main hall. View pictures (31).
- 23rd June 2007
- Twickenham Beer Festival staff trip to the White Horse Brewery at Stanford in the Vale, 3 Ware Road, White Horse Business Park, Oxfordshire, SN7 8NY.
This was a most enjoyable brewery visit. Our Buffet lunch was at the The Horse and Jockey, a 600-year old inn at Stanford in the Vale, Oxfordshire. On the way home we stopped off at the The White Horse, Hedgerly Village, Slough. This is Windsor & Maidenhead CAMRA PoTY 2007. View Pictures (32).
- 2nd June 2007
- Branch outing to the 13th 'Rare Breeds' beer festival held at the South of England Rare Breeds Centre Woodchurch, Kent. After about 4 hours drinking beer (Over 33 Real Ales, Ciders & Perry to try), folk music and dances from the Woodchurch Morris men and looking at the animals we headed off to the The Swan GBG pub and 'Micro-brewery' in West Peckham. View Pictures (40).
- 26th April 2007
- A selection of pictures taken at the Young Members evening at Twickenham Fine Ales Brewery. Pictures (8). The branch would like to thank TFA for sponsoring the evening and providing the beer.
- 19th-21st October 2006
- A selection of pictures taken at the Twickenham Beer & Cider Festival. View Pictures (58).
- 30th September 2006
- CAMRA/Ramblers river pub walk. Pictures (7).
Flash Photo Albums
To see the following pictures require that the user's web browser supports the Adobe Flash Player plugin. See the Adobe download page.
- 29th June 2006
- Evening Vintage Coach trip to Surrey Hills brewery. See Flash Album.
- 20th May 2006
- Visit to WJ King brewery and pubs in Brighton. See Flash Album.
16th December 2005
2005 Christmas Dinner Pictures of our Festive Dinner held at the Cabbage Patch Pub, Twickenham. An enjoyable time was had by the 24 people who attended. Pictures (20).
18th November 2005
The presentation of Branch of the Year Certificate to Don and Myfanwy at the Lion, Wick Road, Teddington. Pictures (6)
29th/30th October 2005
The Great Red Lion Cider Making event. People were encouraged to bring apples to the pub for cider making with Simon Stevenson at The Red Lion, Linkfield Road, Isleworth. See the Cider & Perry page.
20th-22nd Oct 2005
Twickenham Beer Festival 2005. The following 33 pictures were taken over 2 days at this 3 day festival.
1st May 2005
Staff outing to Moor Beer Co. Old Freddy Walker was voted 2004 'Beer of the Festival'. The award was presented on the 21st May 2005 at the Moor Beer Company Brewery in Ashcott, Somerset - See lots more pictures (36)
1st December 2004
Pictures of our visit to Twickenham Fine Ales to the recently opened Crane Brewery Edwin Road, Twickenham. See more pictures (240kb)
Ardingly Vintage Vehicle Show '06
Meet Mark Woodhouse
On Saturday 8th July we visited the Ardingly Vintage Vehicle Show and CAMRA beer tent which had about 50 different beers on offer.
On the 15th May 2006 we meet Mark Woodhouse of Hall & Woodhouse at the Roebuck, Hampton Hill for a tasting of their beers and general chat about their brands and plans for the future - buffet food was provided. Picture available soon.
Presentation to Twickenham Fine Ales Ltd - 22 Feb 2006
for winning both FIRST and SECOND prizes with Advantage Ale and Twickenham IPA at the Twickenham Beer & Cider Festival 2005
Brian Kirton presents the Beer of the festival award to the MD and Head Brewer.
Steve Brown and Tom Madeiros accept award.
2003/4 Branch Pub of the Year
Brian Kirton presents the award to Nikki of the Red Lion, Linkfield Rd, Isleworth.